Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
The AURORA App processes personal data. The AURORA App is operated by a team of two organisations, whose details are given below. They are referred to as “AURORA team” in the rest of this document.
The AURORA team, joint data controllers responsible for processing your personal data, is composed of Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spain) and INSCICO gGmbH (Germany).
Contact details of the joint controllers:
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spanien): Ana Belén Cristóbal, E.T.S de Ing. de Sistemas Informáticos, Campus Sur de la UPM, C. de Alan Turing, s/n, 28031 Madrid (Spanien). email@example.com / Kontakt Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inscico gGmbH (Tyskland): Alexander Gerber, Institute for Science & Innovation Communication, Briener Str. 25, 47533 Kleve, email@example.com
We have 30 days to respond to you if you make a request.
What personal data do we collect and process?
The AURORA App collects personal data when you register: your name, year of birth (optional), gender (optional), email address, the city where you live, number of persons living in your home, type of heating of your home and the associated costs, House Energy Rating and whether inhabitants regularly work away from home. Device diagnostics information (Firebase Crashlytics) is also collected.
The AURORA App also collects personal data during its operation: the electric energy your home consumes and produces (kWh per day), data related to your mobility (transportation type, date and time, distance and occupancy for every trip) as well as any other energy-related information you introduce.
For which purposes do we collect your data?
The AURORA team will use your data exclusively for these purposes:
- Provide the AURORA App users with two services: a self-monitoring service and an energy-behaviour recommendation service. The app will help users to quantitfy their alignment with the European Green Deal objectives, and will generate personalised recommendations.
- Generate anonymised datasets to help researchers and policy makers adopt better-informed decisions related to energy planning.
- Contact you again in the framework of scientific research asking for your opinions, or your voluntary participation in interviews or other research studies.
Please note that we will never contact you for commercial purposes.
What is the legitimacy of the processing of your data?
Consent given by the data subject is the legal basis for processing personal data (as per GDPR Art. 6 (1) and UK GDPR Article 6 (1))
How long will we keep your data?
Personal data shall be kept until 30 November 2027.
Once your data is no longer needed it will be securely and confidentially destroyed. We will delete your personal data as soon as you unregister from this service using the proper button in the App or directly contacting us by post mail or email.
Disclosure of information to third parties
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may in accordance with current legislation share your personal information with Service Providers to help support and maintain our Service and to contact you.
- With Your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
How do we protect your information?
What are your data protection rights?
Subject to certain conditions, you have the following rights:
- Right to Access: You have the right to request copies of your personal data from us.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to request us to correct information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information that you believe is incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: You may have a right to request that we delete the personal information we hold about you at any time, and we will take reasonable steps to delete your personal information from our current records.
- Restrict: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information if (i) you are concerned about the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) you believe your personal information has been unlawfully processed; (iii) you need us to maintain the personal information solely for the purpose of a legal claim; or (iv) we are in the process of considering your objection in relation to processing on the basis of legitimate interests.
- Data portability: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information you have provided to us to be provided to you and/or another data controller, and that the format of such information be in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
How you can access, update or correct your information
The Data Protection law gives you the right to apply for a copy of information about yourself. This is called a ‘Subject Access Request’.
If you wish to see a copy of your records, you should contact one of the Data Protection Officers listed above. You are entitled to receive a copy of your records free of charge, within a month.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your address or email address, or if any of your circumstances change or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email one of the Data Protection Officers listed above.
The AURORA App does not target children under the age of 15, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 15. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we have information of a child under the age of 15 please contact us immediately so we can use our best efforts to remove any such information from our database.
In the UK, If you are concerned about the way we are handling your personal information you can contact the Information Commissioner (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/